The journey towards a fulfilling career in healthcare takes a significant step forward for many aspiring students in the UT of Jammu and Kashmir. The Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) has released the 2nd Selection List for B.Sc Nursing admissions in 2023. This significant announcement, made in reference to the notifications No. 063-BOPEE of 2023 dated 20.08.2023 and No. 086-BOPEE of 2023 dated 24.09.2023, marks the provisional selection of candidates under the Children of Defense Personnel (CDP) category for admission to B.Sc. Nursing /B.Sc Para-Medical / B.Sc. Technology Courses.
Understanding the Selection Process
The selection process adheres strictly to the guidelines set forth by the Government of Jammu & Kashmir. Pursuant to Notification No.063-BOPEE of 2023 dated 20.08.2023 and followed by Notification No. 086-BOPEE of 2023 dated 24.09.2023, candidates under the CDP category were required to submit their CDP Priority Certificates issued by the Competent Authority. These certificates form the basis of the selection process, ensuring a fair and transparent method of admission.
Provisional Selection Criteria
The selection list, as per Annexure “A” to the official notification, includes candidates who have been allotted seats provisionally for admission to the B.Sc. Nursing /B.Sc Para-Medical / B.Sc. Technology Courses. The candidates listed are selected based on their priorities, as indicated in S.O 277 of 2021 dated 13.08.2021 issued by the Government of Jammu & Kashmir, Department of Social Welfare, in conjunction with communication F.No. 6(1)/2017/D (Res. II) dated 21.05.2018 of the Government of India, Ministry of Defense, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare.
Important Dates and Admission Procedures
Selected candidates are required to report to the respective Colleges allotted to them for the completion of the admission process. This process commences from the date of issuance of this Notification and extends until 31.10.2023, up to 4:00 p.m. It is imperative that candidates adhere to this schedule and present their original documents, including:
- 12th Class Marks Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate, where applicable
- Any other document as may be required by the College Authorities
Failure to report within the stipulated timeframe will render the candidate ineligible for further rounds of counseling, if any, conducted by the Board.
- The admission of the candidates is provisional and is liable to be canceled if any information provided is found to be false or fabricated. Legal actions, as per the law, will be initiated against such candidates.
- Transparency is maintained, and any candidate found to have concealed information will face cancellation of their selection/admission, along with fines or penalties as per the Board’s rules.
- Heads of Institutions/Colleges are requested to keep their admission counters open on holidays/off days to facilitate candidates. Candidates are advised not to wait until the last day for completing admission formalities, as delays might cause inconvenience.
- Institutions are obligated to maintain records of admissions and promptly submit any shortfalls of candidates who have not completed their admission within the specified time via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before 31.10.2023, 05:00 p.m.